Leeds Bradford International Airport
Leeds Bradford International Airport is the easiest arrival point in the UK. As it is a small local airport, queues to pass through immigration are much shorter than at London Heathrow or Manchester. A number of airlines offer flights to Leeds Bradford International from major European airports such as Amsterdam or Paris.
Manchester Airport is just over 90km away making it the second closest airport to Leeds. To get to Leeds you can travel:
- By train – You can get a direct train from Manchester Airport to Leeds Rail Station. From the arrival hall follow signs marked ‘TRAINS’ until you reach the station. A one-way ticket from Manchester Airport Train Station to Leeds will cost approximately from £9 and the journey will take around 1 hour 20 minutes.
- By taxi –The taxi fare from Manchester Airport to Leeds will cost approximately £100.
- By coach – The coach fare from Manchester Airport to Leeds Coach Station will cost approximately £12. The journey will take around 2 hours and 30 minutes.
You can book your tickets in First Transpennine Express
London Heathrow Airport
London Heathrow Aisport is around 320km away from Leeds. To get to Leeds you can travel:
- By air – You can get an internal flight to Leeds Bradford International Airport. This must be booked in advance.
- By coach – The coach fare from London Heathrow to Leeds Coach Station will cost approximately £30 – £50. The journey will take around 6 hours.
- By train – There is no direct train to Leeds. You will need to change trains several times in London which can be difficult with large suitcases. A one-way train ticket to Leeds Rail Station will cost approximately £55 – £140 depending on whether you book in advance or buy your ticket on the day. The journey will take around 4 hours.